Years of Production:
Country of Origin:
Paint Colors and Variations:
Black Plastic Interior, No Dashboard or Steering Wheel
Other versions of same Casting:
* 1970 Red Baron *
* 1974 Red Baron *
The 1973 version of the Red Baron is derived from the 1970 Red Baron Tom Daniels designed casting.
It was re-issued in 1974 and survived well into the blackwall era.
1970 - 1973 - 1974
The three versions of the Red Baron are shown here. For 1973, some changes were made:
* The front wheels were changed to the through hole type
* The dashboard and steering wheel are omitted
* All four wheels have crush guards.
For 1974, some changes were made:
* All four wheels are through hole type
* Crush guards on the front wheels are omitted
* The dashboard and steering wheel are restored
* The point on the helmet is rounded off
Red Baron Bases: 1970 - 1973 - 1974
Changes to the base were also made:
* Crush Guards added in 1973 and partially removed for 1974
* Weighted area in front modified for 1974
* The front end of the base extended for 1974, some have a hole.
1974 Red Baron
1974 Red Baron
* DISCLAIMER *
Private use of original images is allowed.
Non-profit, non-commercial publication of original images is allowed only with prior expressed written consent from Graymatters.
For other commercial, for-profit or redistribution needs, please contact the site owner. This site is not affiliated with Mattel, Inc.
Send me an e-mail: email@example.com
© 2012 by Graymatters. All Rights Reserved.